Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cassie (Sloan) McDonald

.

Occupation: Spanish teacher and Student Council Advisor at Dubuque Senior High School in Dubuque, IA

Hometown: Dubuque, Iowa

Marital Status: Married (December 28, 2002)

Spouse's Name & Occupation: Jamie McDonald, certified financial planner

Children: (Names & Ages) I'm six months pregnant and due January 30 with our first baby.

Pets: 2 cats, Minnie and Parker

What has changed about you? What hasn't?
• I definitely really enjoyed my college years as I got to experience what life was like not living under the same roof as a principal and teacher. As far as things that haven't changed, I'm still involved in student council, only now as the advisor of 31 high school students.

Best (or Worst) thing about being in your late 20's.
• I'm enjoying my late 20s. It's good to be established in my career, happily married, and ready to start a family. It's a little more stressful than the early 20s, but also an exciting time.

Significant events for you in the last 10 years:
• 2001 Graduated from Loras College in Dubuque, IA with BAs in Spanish, English, and Education
• 2001-2005 Lived in Milwaukee, WI and taught high school English at Delavan-Darien HS
• 2002 Married Jamie McDonald, whom I met at Loras
• 2005 Moved back to Dubuque with Jamie and started teaching Spanish
• 2006 Spent the summer in Spain working on my Master's in Spanish and then traveled to Spain, Italy, and Switzerland with Jamie
• 2007 Spent the summer in Mexico traveling with students and then continuing work on my Master's
• 2008 Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first child

Will you be attending the reunion: Yes


No comments: